Northwest favorite Pautzke Bait Co. – known worldwide for their “Balls O’ Fire” eggs and “Soft But Satisfying” recipe – continues an over 70-year tradition of providing premium eggs and attractants to the trout, salmon, and steelhead world by teaming up with Northwest dry cure specialist Mark Yano to produce the most sought-after, proven formula for salmon & steelhead: Fire Cure™.
Choose from the drop down
FireCure Natural 16 oz
FireCure Orange 16 oz
FireCure Red 16 oz
FireCure Pink 16 oz
For best results, cover curing surface with newspaper, then cover with paper towels. Cut skeins in half, then into 3 to 4 inch pieces and lay flat on paper towel. Generously sprinkle Fire Cure™ on both sides of skein then layer skeins in a wide mouth jar or other sealed container. Secure lid then label with date of cure and type of egg. Store at room temperature for one hour, periodically rolling the jar to ensure the cure completely dissolves in the juice being released from the eggs. Refrigerate for 3 days. To make sure the juice recirculates through the eggs, turn the jars over in both the morning and evening. At the end of 3 days, your eggs are ready for use or be stored.
If storing them, we recommend three freezing methods:
• As-Is: If you prefer juicer eggs, keep in mind they will emit maximum scent, but won’t last as long in the water.
• Drain and Freeze: This method is ideal if you are looking for the best all-around egg.
• Drain, Dry, and Freeze: Best method if you are short on eggs or if you just want to make them last longer.
To end with a good egg, you must start with a good egg.
• Bleed fish immediately.
• Don’t let water touch your eggs.
• Wrap fresh eggs in paper towels, place them in a plastic bag in your cooler and cure within 24-36 hours.